Click on event for more information.
About the Friday hikes:
- All hikes start at 9:00 AM at the indicated trailhead for each hike, but hikers who do not wish to drive to the trailhead may meet no later than 8:00 AM at Tanque Verde and Catalina Highway, in the parking lot a few rows out from McDonald’s for carpooling to the trailhead. (Wildflower walks will be meeting in the same area, so be sure you connect with the right group!)
- Bring plenty of water and a snack or lunch for longer hikes.
- Hiking boots or comfortable footwear.
- No pets. No smoking.
- Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bad weather may change or cancel the hike.
- Cell phones for emergency only.
- Higher elevation demands good physical condition! We try to accommodate all levels of hikers.
- If you have questions or want to know if the hike is canceled, contact the Visitor Center at 520-749-8700.
|June 7||Old Ski Run from Sunset Trailhead, milepost 22.9||3.0 mile hike thru beautiful old growth trees leading to the original Mt. Lemmon ski run. Elevation gain about 200’. An easy hike to start off the season.|
|June 14||Aspen Loop (in reverse) from Marshall Gulch Trailhead, milepost 25.5||4.4 mile hike along the beautiful Aspen Loop, starting on the Aspen trail. A fairly steep climb near the beginning, with lots of shade and flowers along the way. Elevation gain of 900’.|
|June 21||Wilderness of Rock from Marshall Gulch Trailhead, milepost 25.5||6.6 mile hike into the Wilderness of Rocks area leading to Lemmon Creek. Elevation gain of 1000’, with a good climb on the way out.|
|June 28||Box Spring from Box Camp Trailhead, milepost 21.9||5.4 mile hike on the Box Camp trail to the Box Spring. The return trip is all uphill. Good exercise on this one! Elevation gain of 1200’.|
|July 5||Fire Lookout & Meadow from Ski Valley Trailhead, right at milepost 24.9||6 mile hike up Aspen Draw to the Mt. Lemmon fire lookout, then on to a beautiful alpine meadow. Elevation gain of about 1200’ makes this quite a workout.|
|July 12||Marshall Saddle from Sunset Trailhead, milepost 22.9||5.6 mile hike up to Marshall Saddle, crossing Sabino Creek along the way and following a small stream along Marshall Gulch. Elevation gain of 900'.|
|July 19||Rocky Overlook from Box Camp Trailhead, milepost 21.9||5.1 mile hike on the Box Camp trail to a rocky overlook point below the Box Spring trail junction. Lunch will be along the creek on the return trip, which is all uphill. Elevation gain of 1200' makes this a good exercise hike.|
|July 26||Aspen Loop from Marshall Gulch Trailhead, milepost 25.5||4.4 mile hike along the popular Aspen Loop. Usually lots of shade and flowers along the way, as well as some good climbs. Elevation gain of 900’.|
|August 2||Upper Sabino Creek Overlook from Sunset Trailhead, milepost 22.9||4.0 mile hike along the Sunset trail, crossing Sabino Creek at Marshall Gulch, then climbing a short distance up the Aspen Trail to a rocky outcrop overlooking the creek below for a nice lunch stop. Elevation gain of 500’.|
|August 9||Turkey Run to Radio Ridge from Summerhaven, milepost 25.0||5.2 mile hike up the paved Turkey Run Road past cabins, then up the Aspen Draw Trail to the top of the ski lift. Elevation gain of 1100’ makes this great exercise.|
|August 16||Leopold Point from Lower Butterfly Trailhead, milepost 19.8||3.9 mile hike to Leopold Point, a rocky outcrop overlooking the San Pedro Valley. Short but steep in a few spots; includes a mild rock scramble near the vista point. Views are worth it! Elevation gain is about 800'.|
|August 23||Sunset Trail from Marshall Gulch Trailhead, milepost 25.5||3.5 mile hike along the Sunset Trail to the Soldier Camp lake and dam, with return to Marshall Gulch. Elevation gain of 400'.|
|August 30||Fire Lookout from Ski Valley trailhead, right at milepost 24.9||4.6 mile hike up Aspen Draw to the Mt. Lemmon fire lookout, with lunch in a shady spot near the lookout. Elevation gain of about 1200' makes this quite a workout.|